Regiments Capital was founded in 2004 by 6 partners who came together with the intention of using their expertise and experience to help in the transformation of our society. With this admirable social agenda and a strong ethical base, they have attracted like-minded partners, possessed of the same entrepreneurial spirit, and have since grown the company into a multi-skilled, multi-faceted team.
Having been through some tough times, we’ve persevered and flourished, trusting our judgment and standing by our decisions to the point of becoming a true global player, after just 12 years.
The Southern Cross Guides Us…
To enable progress.
Be the pre-eminent and innovative financial services business at the public-private nexus.
By ensuring that we:
- Put clients and socio-economic development at the centre of everything we do
- Continuously innovative at the private-public nexus
- Differentiate through superior service and competitive integrated solutions that are practical and executable
- Are brilliant at successfully implementing large and complex capital programmes
- Have competent, diverse and engaged people in our teams
After a decade of enabling progress, our story is just beginning
1 February 2004
• Developed a risk management framework for a large state-owned entity (SOE).
25 February 2005
• Participated in the successful joint management of SOE’s Euro 500 million bond issue, which was five times oversubscribed.
• A bond desk was acquired from FFO Securities and re-branded as Regiments Securities.
• Participated in Nedbank Eyethu BEE scheme.
11 June 2006
• Financial advisor to the raising of R1 billion term loan.
• Acquired Capitec Bank Limited shares via Ashbrook consortium.
• Appointed as fund manager for a sinking (redemption) fund for a metro municipality.
21 May 2007
• Financial advisor for R6 billion of banking facilities for a large SOE.
• Acquired a 51% stake in Risk Monitor Group.
20 June 2008
• Built an econometric credit risk model for a SOE.
• Participated in Sasol Nzalo BEE scheme.
17 September 2009
• Financial advisor for R1 billion debut bond issue for a SOE.
• Independent valuation of a client’s assets to be used as collateral against its credit exposures.
18 June 2010
• Participated in MTN Zakehle BEE scheme.
• Regiments Kgoro consortium appointed as developer for mixed-use Kgoro Gateway development in Sandton.
22 July 2011
• Raised R2.5 billion bilateral loan funding on behalf of a municipal client.
• Acquired 51% stake in Burlington Strategy Advisors.
• Acquired Duality Fund Managers.
15 September 2012
• Secured R75 million funding for M-Care sub-acute hospitals.
18 March 2013
• Joint arranger for R5.5 billion restructure of existing loan portfolio for a municipal client.
• Preparation of funding plan for a SOE.
• Appointed as one of the lead managers for inaugural issue of a client’s major bond.
• Acquired additional 39% stake in Burlington Strategy Advisors.
19 August 2014
• Transaction advisor for acquisition of 1064 locomotives valued at R55 billion.
• Re-appointed as fund manager for a municipality’s debt redemption fund.
• Ten-year anniversary milestone.
1 March 2015
• Purchased M-Care now known as Nurture Care Group • Completed first real estate development project: 35 Ferguson Road